Additional Features for Multi Academy Trusts
BPS for Multi Academy Trusts has all the features and benefits highlighted under academies, but also the following additional features:
- Consolidated budgets across the Trust
Trusts are able to consolidate budgets across all their academies at the trust level, as well as enabling individual academies to report on their own academy independently.
- Consolidated staffing across the Trust
Allowing the trust to report on the salaries of all staff in the trust as well as reporting on staff within individual academies.
Consolidated reporting is broken down by job role enabling comparisons to be made across academies within the trust.
- Benchmarking reports
This provides the ability to compare the financial performance and key financial metrics for similar academies within the trust.
- Single budget upload file for the entire Trust
This is a really important feature as trusts have the requirement to consolidate the entire budget for their academies at the trust level.
- Ability to set multiple pay scales across a Trust
A growing number of trusts now have academies across the country including trusts that have academies within and without the boundaries of London.
BPS is ‘smart’ and applies the correct pay scale with the correct London weighted pay scale.
- Ability to provide different support staff job roles for academies in the Trust that are situated in different Local Authority areas
A growing number of trusts now have academies across the country and Tupe staff across on Local Authority contracts (this also applies for London weighting contracts).
BPS is smart and applies the correct job role to the individual and associated pay scale.
- Multiple AWPU values to allow predictive future modelling for academies in a Trust
Academies in a trust that have multiple phases will need to apply different AWPU values to allow for future modelling on rising/falling pupil numbers.
BPS not only allows the trust to apply different AWPU values for different school phases; but will also allow the trust to set different AWPU values across different Local Authority boundaries.
- Trust controls which allow different levels of autonomy for individual academies
This means that the trust can either apply criteria such as inflationary percentages and prevent its academies changing them or provide individual academies with more autonomy to set its own factors.
- Trust bulletin board messaging system
Important messages can be posted by the trust finance team which appear on the home screen of individual academies as they log in; ensuring that important information and system updates are communicated effectively.
- Personalisation of reports and splash screens for individual academies in a Trust
Individual academies in a trust can upload their logo which then appears on the home screen when they log on' and also appears on all reports helping to encourage a sense of ownership for each academy in the trust.
- Manage variations in superannuation rates between academies in the same Trust
MAT’s are often confronted with a number of academies in their trust having to budget different superannuation rates.
The system is smart and knows which superannuation rate to apply, ensuring complete accuracy.